Sunday, April 24, 2011

Trees and Thank You's!

Cherry Blossom, acrylic
TREES
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray,
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair
Upon whose blossom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems were made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree.
Joyce Kilmer

Inspired by Klimt's Tree of Life.
I didn't get a chance to finish before posting.

Thank You's!!

I have been given a few awards recently and decided I would post them all today, with a Thank You!!

Thank you to Jingle, who has very lovely poetry on her blog, for the two awards.  So very sweet, I really appreciate it and I feel uber special.
Blogger Buddy Award

This is the Blogger Buddy Award.  She asked that I pass these on to 1 to 5 people. I know just who I would like to pass them to.  
To ~Rasz~  who was one of the first people I met in Blogger World and I keep in touch with daily and enjoy her beautiful spirit, which you will see on her blog.
To  Noemi who I also visit daily, she is a sweetie.  She creates beautiful jewelry and has recently opened an Etsy shop. 
To Tara Tyler  who is extremely cheerful and enthusiastic, not only in her fun posts, but in her comments.

The Talented Writer Award

Thank you Jingle also for this great award.  I'm not much of writer, I am better with pictures, but hopefully I can get what I am thinking/feeling across in what I do say or draw.

I'd like to pass this along to a few friends who I think are very talented writers and I enjoy reading their blogs everyday.

To 
lkramer14, who makes me stop and think and wonder.
To 
Mojo, who bends and stretches my mind like a personal trainer.
To 
li she writes Flash Fiction and is very talented and clever, always leaves you with a twist.
To 
Talli Roland, she is so spunky and fun and makes me smile.
The Stylish Blogger Award

Thank you so much to  Nicole at 
The Madlab Post, if you love movies like I do, then you'll really love visiting her blog.
I also received the Stylish Blogger award from li,  I think we must have been having the same thought process at the same time.  Thank you Li, very much! 
To accept the award, you have to do the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.



I will have to come up with 7 things later or maybe earlier.  It's almost 2 am, and creative is not what I'm feeling at the moment. 
Also, I do have many blogs in mind for this one, but I will hopefully get that list posted later today, after I've slept a bit first.  
Anyway, Thank you so much Nicole and Li!  You're the bomb diggity!  :)




And last but not least, this one is from Antimony, whose blog is truly creative and wonderful.  I love her poetic and lyrical style.  She is a super groovy chick!  
Thank you!!  

Good golly, that was a long post, but worthwhile!  
Have a Truly Happy Easter!!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Heather for the award, and for letting people know about my shop. You are a star!!
    I have really enjoyed the poem and the drawing off the tree is so very sweet. I love the tiny flowers flying away. If you ever make that painting into post cards or anything of the sort let me know. I would love to own a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Thank you for the award. You tell stories in a magical way with both pictures and words. I love your trees and I am so lucky to have gotten to know you both through your blog and in person. Have a lovely day with your family.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather! I love the Tree of Life concept, it looks very cool although you say it isn't finished and I'd much rather see it full-size! Can commiserate with the 2AM thing, I did that the previous nite and last night went to bed at...wait for it...9PM! Felt good to catch up, I hope you do as well. Happy Easter, and thanks again! (Don't know if I'll get a thank you post up today, def tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your trees - they're beautiful!
    and thank you back - you're terrific!
    happy t day and happy easter =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather and Happy Easter! First, I was SO hoping you would post another one of your infamous tree drawings, I love them all! So thank you for doing that along with beautiful poem that I have never read in its entirety until now!

    As for the Blogger Buddy Award, you have definitely become my Blogger Buddy. You are one of the first people I hooked up with too. You have become an encourager and friend along the way and I am so grateful for you in my life. You rock and I look forward to reading your posts and comments every day.

    Today I am going to try to draw/sketch/paint a tree to go with my dragonflies (that I have not been doing all month) inspired by YOU. BTW...given any thought to teaching an online class???? Hmmmm.....hint, hint, you talented girl you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an elegant post, you rock!

    superb poetry as well.

    Please consider contribute a free verse to poets rally by Thursday, official awards are given by nomination, sometimes voting...

    The Celebrate Poet of Summer Awards will be nominated among participants of week 42 (Now) and week 43, poets vote, in general, an active poet win...

    I nominate around 300 poets, about 100 poets win ..other poets win ruuner up and rest win honorable mention...

    beautiful opportunity for your outstanding talent.

    hope to see you in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Thank you so much for the lovely award the the kind words! I'm so glad I found your blog -- I adore your artwork!

    ReplyDelete