Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer of Color: Week 5, Candy Apple Red and Yellow

After clearing off my desk last night and posting some art work, I got busy and started drawing, not really intending to get my Summer Of Color project finished in one sitting, but so happy that I did.
I am excited to actually have this done before the end of the week.  I really need to just sit in my art space more often and not over think it all.  :)

This weeks color choice is:  Candy Apple Red and a Sunny Yellow.
I wasn't super inspired, because all I could think of was McDonalds, but once I got going I really enjoyed it.  I was planning on poppies and realized I was too tired to figure them out, so I went for simple flowers.
There is one more week of Summer of Color and if you are new to this, you can still join in the fun, you can even go back and do all of the color schemes, for the fun of it.

Have a cheeky rest of the week!  



13 comments:

  1. beautiful! haven't been here in a while, i missed your art! the eyes are captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful portrait for this soc! Love her Expression and look

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is truly mesmerizing- what a beautifully creative piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's really lovely, somehow very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I love her hair!! She's beautiful, so love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely beautiful! I love your gorgeous work of art, and how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stunning! Love the way you used this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, I love her expression. A beautiful use of the colours. I really love your lines. Beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my stars, this is stunning!!. She is so beautiful and angelic. What gorgeous eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the touch of the decorative border! Your eyes are evolving....really captivating!

    ReplyDelete