Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sketch, Watercolor and Mixed Media

I have been playing a bit this week.  Trying various new things.  Sketching is not so new, but drawing realistic animals is.  I want to stretch my skills and see what I'm made of.  haha!  So to speak!  
I also found a speed paint video of watercolor and thought it looked fun, so I tried that out as well.  I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.  Pencils are nice, because you have a bit more control, which I'm thinking is my problem.  Trying to control what  I'm doing too much.  I need to let go.  Watercolor is a little more free.  I enjoyed the smattering of it.  Or perhaps that isn't the right word...smathering  maybe?? :D  Well, according to Google, that word doesn't even exist.  Try watercolor and you will know what I mean.  
And lastly, trying the mixed media again.  I'm not done with this, it is still needing something, I just haven't discovered what.  
Once again, I am getting far beyond myself, I still have so many unfinished drawings, longing to be complete.  Oh, where does the time go?

Hope you are all splendidly well and having an exceptional week.  :)
The bunny

The cat

watercolor chick

Mixed Media girl

8 comments:

  1. I love watercolor! The hues you've made here are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all so different. love the bunny! and the cat looks regal! the girls are beautiful, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, you really draw well! Your watercolor girl is nice but the last one is my favorite though. What magic-powder do you use when you're doing hair?? I've seen it all time at your works, everything is great but the hair amazes me. Probably because I struggle so much doing hairs. Isn't it fun trying new teckniques and watercolor is just so fun to work with. Make whatever strikes your mind and you'll have some interesting moments.
    Enjoy your weekend, it's Sandra again for us, and I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I love all of these!! You say I accomplish a lot, so do you my friend, you just have to finish your's! LOL! Truly all of your art is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watercolor chick is wicked!!! I have always had this stereotype of watercolor and what it's limitations are, but I am finding it can be so fun to play with. very freeing! I just adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started painting in watercolor years ago.....but I'm too much of a control freak, so I don't think I ever harnessed it's true potential. The fact that you want to let go and just have fun is a great start.....and with your adventurous spirit, I see lots of magic in store :D

    I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to get here...the weekend was crazy!
    ...but did I hear the word "trade" mentioned?! Heehee! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE these! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what i like most is the words in your banner --- i draw because i can. shine on!

    ReplyDelete