Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Challenge, An Award And A Few Photographs

Seven Days
Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Flash Fictions up to 100 words
Starting 7/7



I'm not a writer, but I know many of you are brilliant at it.  So, I thought I'd share this awesome blog event that will be happening in just a few days.  To sign up, head on over to Antimony's blog, while you're there, read her lovely poetry.  


A Major Award:
I recently received this awesome award from Charmalot.  She is addicted to reading, writing, laughing and sugar.  That makes her pretty fabulous in my world.  Check out her cheery blog and you'll see what I mean.


And now for The Rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award.  Thank you, Charmalot! :)
2. Share 7 Things About Yourself.
3. Award 10-15 Blogs Who You Think Deserve This Award. 
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.


7 Things:


1. When my husband and I were first married, whenever I was at home sick, he'd stop on his way home and pick up 3 things for me.  Chicken Noodle Soup, Juice and a Spiderman Comic Book.  He's my hero!   


2. I am a movie-aholic.  Hooray for Netflix!!


3. I have too many hobbies and not enough attention span.


4. I am horrible at video games, the bosses scare me and make me scream.  I do okay with Tetris and Puzzle League though.


5. I enjoy reading Ogden Nash.


6. I spend more time taking pictures on my walks, then walking. 


7. I have moved 36 times in my life. 




Fellow Bloggers:
(I am only going to award 3 blogs, I'm tired, hope that's okay!)


The first goes to Hektor Karl, whose blog I have recently stumbled upon and so happy I did.  Before visiting him, grab some tea, get cozy and be ready to let the beauty of his words wash over you.  

Next blog you should check out is Joanna, her artwork is incredible.  There are so many adjectives I could use to describe it, but I think you should just go see for yourself.  Lovely!

And last, but definitely not least is Jessica, she is also an exceptional artist.  I adore her artwork.  It is very colorful and whimsical.  Please go visit her.  I know you'll be happy you did.


Thank you to all of my amazing blog friends, you are all wonderful, stylish, creative and lovely to know.  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy 4th.  


A Few Photographs:
I'm not a photographer, but I do enjoy taking pictures on occasion, when something or someone catches my eye.  At the moment, I only have my phone for a camera, but I thought that maybe once a week, I'd share the moments I've captured, with you.  (I apologize ahead of time, if I happen to re post any pictures.)











12 comments:

  1. You're not a photographer?

    I usually rise early on Sunday mornings and walk to this park across the street. It's my own little "church," in a way. To be outside, alone with my thoughts and my Maker.

    Today, you've imparted on me a sermon unparalleled in simplicity, grace, and power.

    A photographer with a phone for a camera? No, I think not. An artist with the eyes of a genius.

    Congrats on the award, as well. Deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too a photographer. They were beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats and great pics =)
    happy sparkler day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for awards, thank you so much!!! These are fabulous shots, as is your blog, so glad to be a follower :D xoxo Joanna (My link is abit0fwhimsy.blogspot, I know the zero throws everyone off :P Sorry for the confusion!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Heather! Love the pictures.

    "I have moved 36 times in my life."

    I hope the move goes well. I've moved quite a bit myself, though not that many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo!

    Congrats on the award! You deserve it :)
    And thank you for the mention, I really appreciate it!
    The pictures are beautiful, you may not be a photographer by trade, but you are on by nature!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are all quite fantastic, mumzy dear. You have a knack for capturing every ounce of beauty in even the most simple things. I would know; I'm usually there. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos. Photography is a hobby of mine along with drawing faces and silly stuff. Stop by if you get a chance this week to check out some of my mediocre art.

    I love movies too, and netflix. I also suck at video games. I'm not much for comics now but growing up I loved Spidey, specially when someone introduced Spider Woman.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hardly believe you captured this goodness with a phone camera! Your artistic eye is wonderful! Congrats on your blog award and thank you for awarding one to me as well!
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. Heather, I came here tonight to grab your URL so I could use it on a post. I just reread what I wrote above, and then the comments afterwards. I HOPE noone thought I was insinuating you weren't a photographer. I was TRYING to say that you were so much more than that! And what I said reads totally wrong!

    Please accept my apologies for a poorly worded comment. And I call myself a writer and a friend. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bryce, you're really funny and I sooo totally knew what you meant. I didn't take it wrong at all. I doubt anyone else did either. I actually was very flattered by the compliments. Thank you!!

    And thank you to everyone for all your sweet comments. I am trying to be better about responding to everyone. Some days I am better at it than others. And part of it depends on how fast our internet happens to be going.

    I hope everyone had a good weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I wanted to make sure you got THIS message. You, my friend, are an angel. No proofreading required. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete