painting by: Eastman Johnson
10 things my mother taught me:
1. to love and be generous always, no matter how poor you may be, you always have something to give...even if it's just a kind word.
2. that laughter is truly the best medicine and you should do it often. We laugh a lot when we're together.
3. to sing at the top of your lungs and surround yourself with good music. Especially on road trips.
4. there is a saying, quote or song for absolutely every situation in life.
5. when someone comes to your house, never let them leave empty handed. (send them home with goodies)
6. there is always a good reason to throw a dress up party.
7. always make time for people, they're the most important part of life.
9. hugs are the bomb diggity.
10. make a list of what you need to do and you will do it.
My mom with her dad.
A beauty, she has such a wonderful smile and bright blue eyes.
she always loves to dress up for every occasion, one year
she was Raggedy Ann for my Raggedy Ann themed birthday party. It was awesome.
My mom and I, after a long day of cookie making. Every year we decorate Christmas cookies for hours. Usually about 8 - 10 dozen of them. We would end up loopy by the end of it all.
She is a supreme cookie maker!!
Always thoughtful and kind!
Loved by everyone who knows her.
Always knows just what to do.
Has endless crazy stories of things that have actually happened to her.
She is one of the most determined and non-procrastinating
people I've ever known.
She remembers everyone's birthdays and always makes
sure to send them a card.
She is truly the epitome of been there, done that.
Hope your day is filled with love and blessings!
Happy Mum's Day to you!!
You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. ~William D. Tammeus